Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Roam and be welcome!

So I suppose there should be an introduction of sorts. We will intermittently post from our own perspectives but to save time right now, I'm Leah. I am engaged to Lisa. L&L... that's what we're called most of the time.

Like I said, I'm Leah. I... am... Becoming LA. My lovely other, Lisa, IS already LA. And when I get the insane pleasure of marrying this woman, I too, will be LA. I will take her last name. It is an honor and feels so incredibly right.

I feel though, that I've jumped ahead. Let me give a little background just to bring you up-to-date.

I asked Lisa to marry me in June of 2010. Originally, we were going to wait until our youngest daughter, aka chicken, was 18 due to reasons that don't need mentioning. Then, one afternoon, we were having a snack at Carl's Jr with our oldest daughter, aka The Teenager. While we were enjoying each others company way more than the food we were eating, the teenager asked why were weren't getting married sooner. It struck us that there really wasn't anything standing in the way. Well, aside from Prop 8 but whatevs. We decided on our wedding date right then. We have been planning since and have much decided. We have even paid deposits ::gasp::