Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wedding attire... re-visited.

This is and will be an ongoing issue until who knows when. Originally, Lisa and I were going to both wear dresses. We looked at a gazillion dresses online. We made two separate appointments at two different dress venues. Both were perfect for determining what we are NOT going to wear. We just don't fit into that cookie cutter dress mold. Besides that, the employees weren't very nice.

Anyway, back to the dresses. We've bounced back and forth on what color and what style. Because of our wedding colors, we thought we had it all figured out.

THEN, leave it to me, I got all worried about how the dress would fit and blah blah blah. This led me to decide that I wanted to wear a suit. That went over like a ton of bricks. Lisa thought we should both wear suits. Totally fine. And then again, I changed my mind because I couldn't find a suit that I thought would look good enough for me to not feel awful.

Now, I'm back in a dress and Lisa is still in a suit. Here's the thing... My dress is already purchased. I bought it online! I get to actually try it on THIS Thursday with one of our honor attendants. Lisa doesn't want to see it and that's fine. She's traditional in that way and I think it's totally sweet.

What's the problem, right? Okay, what if it doesn't fit? I know, I know. Don't freak out until you actually get to try it on. I. Know. However, because Lisa is all worried about her suit, I worry about my dress! If it doesn't fit or look good, I have to start all over again. And to top it off, I may want to change the color! That means my budget would blow up. I am not a fan of this back and forth business.

I can't wait to try on my dress. I hope it's all I thought it would be and more. Here's a link to see what it looks like. Ironically, we thought those appliques were embroidered butterflies. Turns out, they aren't! Butterflies are sort of a 'thing' for us.

My dress - I hope