Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I will not freak out. I will not freak out.

As everyone is painfully aware, we are getting our clothing made by someone. Everything was going as scheduled. Everything was good. We had to move a trip to LA for fabric but it worked out, no big deal.

We set up our appointment for the 'big reveal' when everything was supposed to be done. May 18th! All of the clothing was supposed to be done. As in complete. As in we try it on and make a few minor adjustments but it's pretty much done.

Yeah.

Okay, so a few days before this meeting, I text the tailor and to make sure everything is good to go. He says yep. All is good and well. He wants us to not have to worry about anything. Really, he wants our clothing to be the last thing we worry about. I thank him profusely because I've had really bad dreams about our clothes. If you've read my blog for some time you know that the amount of time I've spent writing about our clothing is more than any other topic. So yes, there's a bit of anxiety when it comes to it.

I show up first because L doesn't get off work until 5:00. As we're walking up to his work room he says he needs to hold on to L's shirt until the day BEFORE the wedding. I said, no. That won't work but we can discuss other options. We walk into the work space and some other person that I don't know is sewing my skirt. L's shirt was barely sewn that day and no where near completion. Her pants haven't been touched.

I almost freaked the fuck out.

But I didn't. The tailor looked like he was going to burst into tears. Especially because there are two brides, I'm sure it can be intimidating. Although, I don't know why. We've been so calm!!!!!! ;-)

He apologized a million times over. We worked out a new schedule. It should be fine. We go back this Saturday for another update. But this time, I'm not going in blind. I'm going to make sure that if need be, I can go to a store for a floor length skirt and buy it. Then all he has to do is hem it. In fact, I may just do that anyway! At least L's shirt looks amazing even in it's earliest stages. Because if it didn't, he would then have to worry.

I will not freak out. I will not freak out. I'm close to freaking out. But I will not freak out.

16 days people. 16 days....