Thursday, June 28, 2012

Honeymoon, Part 1

Fair warning: LOADS OF PHOTOS in this post. :)

The wedding was absolutely spectacular. It is definitely on my top best days of my life.

When we got back to the hotel, we were still hanging high up on the clouds. Our two daughters went with friends and we were there with the rest of our honor party and one other really close friend. They brought beer. I thought it would be great to unwind! We had been so crazy for so long, it was nice to just relax and not worry. Our kids were taken care of, we weren't driving anywhere, all was well.

Yeah...

The next day, I woke up feeling fine. Tired but who wouldn't be? About two hours after I woke up, I hit a brick wall. Nausea like nobody's business. The shakes. My insides feeling like they were going to become my outsides. My vision was blurry, I couldn't talk, I could barely move! But we had to shower, pack, and be out of our hotel by 11:00. We were meeting family and friends for brunch. A brunch I did not participate in. I sat there and shivered and panicked and felt like an idiot for having a hang over! I started to feel super anxious, so much that it was making how I was feeling even worse.

And this, is how we began our honeymoon.

Our dear friend made this sign for us. It traveled over 800 miles.
We took off by 1:00 after saying farewell to our chickens. L was driving, thank the Goddess. Wouldn't you know? That weekend it was Pride in LA. Traffic sucked! It took us 4 hours to get out of LA. We stopped in the middle to use the restroom at this disgusting gas station. At this point, I couldn't take it any longer. I had to take some anti-anxiety medication to keep me from vomiting all over my car. It worked, and I slept for about an hour. When I woke up, I wasn't 100% but I sure as hell felt better. I swear, it was the worst feeling ever. Brick walls are not to be messed with.

Anywhoooos... back to the good stuff!

We're driving and we're driving and we're driving. We pull off just a few times to use the restroom and get small drinks and snacks. We THINK we are making good time. We really weren't. By 8:00 that night, we still had an hour and a half to go. The manager at our B&B called us to check on us! How awesome was that?? Sadly, we would be arriving after he was already gone. No worries! He turned on the heater in our room, started our fire, even had a wonderful bottle of champagne waiting for us! He even left us a detailed map on how to get to the one and only restaurant that would have been open by our arrival time.

When we arrived, we were a little stressed. It had take way longer to get there, I was sick, L was tired... it just was not what we had planned for our trip up to our honeymoon. Regardless, we had made it! Whew!
We arrived, relaxed, decided to share an apple for dinner instead of go out. We took showers and collapsed in our huge king sized bed that was just about the most comfortable bed we have ever experienced. And we slept like the dead. It was wonderful. 
The next morning, we were greeted with breakfast, in our room!!! 
Here are some photos of that yummy breakfast that we got to eat the entire time we were there, of our room, and of the B&B. SO GORGEOUS!

The sign for our B&B

This was just beneath our room, we were on the 2nd floor.

Beautiful waterfall!

100 year old Oak tree and Audrey III. She eats small dogs and naughty children.

A gorgeous statue next to the waterfall.

Our room number :)

Amazing art in our room. We had a great TV, didn't turn it on once.

Oh my god that bed. So comfortable.

Sitting area. Really cool shades!

Our kitchen. Fully stocked!

Waiting for us when we arrived!

Our huge breakfast. We never finished it all. We got it every day!


Creamed Sherry. SO GOOD! They refilled it every time the room was serviced.
So! There you go, the beginning of our time in Carmel! More coming soon!