Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our birthdays!

There seems to be a theme... I'm doing really good on the wedding posts and then, a reallllly loooong pause. I think that happens because we have events come up and I *have* to plan for them. Example? Our youngest's birthday. Another? The Disneyland trip. Still another? We went for a weekend camping trip and I haven't even been able to tell you all about that! I have photos and everything! What's my excuse this time? Well, it's a really good one!

We are putting on our first annual L&L Birthday Bash! THIS weekend! My birthday is on the 17th, the day of the party, but we're celebrating both of our birthdays. L's birthday is on Nov. 28th. This sort of makes perfect sense and it's a bit romantic if you break it down.

How's this... We had our first bit of flirty flirty on my birthday 5 years ago. We had our first date on November 30th but it was to celebrate L's birthday (the 28th), also 5 years ago. Since then, we've always done the separate thing. Usually, we go to Magic Mountain for L's birthday the day after Thanksgiving. And we've done a variety of things for my birthday. One year, we went to Vegas to see my absolute favorite artist, Bette Midler. We've had really great times! You can see how it's pretty romantic? Right??

While we were on our honeymoon, we were talking about our birthdays and I suggested we combine them to have a big birthday bash! L said, yeah! Let's make it our Annual L&L Birthday Bash! And the idea was born! But it was at The Cheese Shop that supremely solidified our party and our first theme. While we were there, we have a cheese and wine pairing. It was so good, we decided right there in the shop that we were having one of our own for our birthdays. :)

We've planned a photo booth thingy that is so home made, it's not even funny. There are no props, just a place set up for people to go take photos of themselves. I cannot wait to see how this pans out. It's a come as you go, stay as long as you'd like, and take off when you need to kind of thing. We have 10 bottles of wine. We are going to have cheese of some sort to serve. We're decorating our house and it's really fun! I'm trying not to stress out but this is the first time all of our friends will be seeing our house! I would, and I know L would, really like it (read: LOVE IT) if our house could be all set up.

I'm sure it will be fun. And fine. No, it will be. I know it. :D If there are any photos that we can post, I for sure will!

Until next time... ~L