Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Are we in high school? WTF?

This could potentially turn into the biggest bitchfest known to me. Be prepared.

You know that old saying that goes people come into our lives for a reason? I think it has to do with learning a lesson or something to that effect?

My face has been beaten red with that statement this morning.

It really, really sucks when people talk about you, behind your back. And then, all of a sudden, you have lost friendships because of that chicken scratch. It just doesn't make sense. Wait, sure it does... just reference the cliche - people come into our lives for a reason.

Sometimes, those reasons are to show you how not to behave; how not to be a friend; or they have a big, flaming sign above them that blinks THIS PERSON SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED. DON'T ACT LIKE THEM.

What sucks ass is that I did like them! They were good people! Or so I thought...

Well, fuck them. If it is so easy for them to dismiss me because of someone else and their perspective of MY life and MY actions, they can take their opinion and shove it up their collective asses.

And for the people doing the yapping, karma is a sweet lover. You cross her and you may regret that decision. It may not happen now, or any time soon, but she always comes around.

Dishonest people, they don't always win. It may seem like they win because they have what is perceived as a successful and happy life. However, when you look to yourself, into your heart and see and feel the happiness that they will never experience, that is when you know that you are winning. And not against them because it's not a competition. You are winning for you.

I am the first to admit that I am not clean of mistakes. My 35 years of life definitely have shades of darkness, even blackness. But I have always and will always strive to do better, to pay my dues, to deal with the demons, and to be as honest with myself, and with others, as I can.

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming. My dogs came to me, gave me their best doggie hugs and kisses and all is right in the world again. Well, not really, but I feel a little better.

Until next time,
~L