Thursday, April 4, 2013

This is it and I can't believe it.

By the time you read this, I will be getting ready for my last day at my current job. And I say job because that's all it is, or was. There was no advancement. There were no evaluations to see how I was doing to base a possible raise because there were no raises being given. There was no anything except the same thing every day. And that same thing was being stuck in a basement.

And some may say, well, isn't that what a job is?

Yep.

But this job... You know, it wasn't stressful. I taught people how to use computers. I helped kids with their homework. I had one other co-worker. We had volunteers and student employees. Well, to be accurate, we had one other co-worker - David - but he got out really fast! I was sad to see him go.

Oh man, but this job... if only I could explain it.

I really don't want to come off like I'm complaining. So I'll leave it as this job sucked and it sucked not only because there was no opportunities, no recognition, no respect, and the worst paying job I have ever taken, but because it caused more angry crying fits than I care for.

My psyche was in jeopardy. My family was suffering for it. I.was.suffering.for.it.

However, tomorrow (well, today), is my last day. I am sad that the kids have felt sad but they are resilient. They will forget about me in like a week. And my co-worker? I'm sure my name will become like poison on her tongue each time someone asks where I am. 

I am so excited to start my new position, I could burst. BURST, I tell you! :D

Next Wednesday, it begins!

Until next time... ~L